Benefactors Herb and Lani Alpert joined education and community leaders on a nippy Friday morning in Santa Monica to celebrate completion of the steel framing for the Performing Arts and Leadership Center that forms the centerpiece of the innovative Herb Alpert Educational Village.
- Herb and Lani Hall Alpert
- New Roads School students convene at site of new school
- Herb Alpert speaks
- Herb Alpert recognizes his “muse” Lani Hall, seated with Rona Sebastian, President, The Herb Alpert Foundation, Paul Cummins, CEO New Visions Foundation, David Bryan, President and Head of School at New Roads
- Herb Apert signs beam of theater
- Lani Hall signs beam of theater
- Herb Alpert, Paul Cummins, Lani Hall at construction site
- Rona Sebastian and Lani Hall
- Lani Hall, Caroline Graham, Herb Alpert
Located at 3131 Olympic Boulevard (the current site of New Roads High School and Middle School) and named for its founding benefactor, The Herb Alpert Educational Village represents a vision for education in the 21st century – a model of collaboration and shared resources dedicated to incubating and implementing educational reform for an evolving world.
The Performing Arts and Leadership Center, Phase 1 of construction, is central to the vision of The Herb Alpert Educational Village. In addition to its 350-seat theater (acoustics engineered by Disney Hall acoustician Yasuhisa Toyota) the “green” facility will house the Anne and Jerry Moss Theater, the Capshaw-Spielberg Center for Educational Justice, and more.
Credit: Margaret Bolhous
Like this? Read more:
- Monk Lives … at UCLA courtesy of giving by Herb Alpert Foundation
- Herb & Lani’s Latin-infused jazz at Vibrato
- Satchmo blesses Herb Alpert
- Herb Alpert at Disney Hall
- Herb Alpert, local hero