The formula for the off-the-beaten-track performances goes like this: nosh, sip, chew, gab … and then refined listening.
Hosts Olga Vlasova and Alexey Steele throw open the gate to their vault of an artist’s loft located in a weird wonderland — a faraway industrial strip mall in deep dark central Los Angeles.
Here’s what’s on offer next Monday — the new season’s opening night.
- Uriel Vanchenstein, composer, conductor and outstanding clarinetist (a veteran of the wonderful Verbier Festival Orchestra in Switzerland). Uriel will perform one of his own works with the fine cellist Evgenny Tonkha, and these two will join Alex for the delightful Clarinet Trio of young Beethoven.
- Alex Slobodyanik, whose debut recroding with EMI Classic made rave reviews, has performed at the Royal Festival Hall and the Wigmore Hall in London, New York’s Lincoln Center and the Carnegie Hall. Going solo, Alex will play a selection of Rachmaninoff Preludes.
- Evgenny Tonkha will play the Chaconne of Vitali, with Diana Volman on piano.
- Cellist Armen Ksajikian (LA Chamber Orchestra), and violinist Radu Pieptea (Hollywood Bowl Orchestra, New West Symphony) joining forces for Handel, Gliere, Sousa (minus the tubas!).
- Harout Senekeremian will tackle Rachmaninoff’s Piano Sonata #2.
Classical Underground season opener | Oct 21 | tickets & info
Like this? Read more: