It’s time for the 53rd Annual L.A. County Holiday Celebration at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion. More than 20 choirs, music ensembles and dance companies from the many neighborhoods and cultures of L.A. celebrate the season during this free three-hour extravaganza. You can attend part of the show or all of it and it’s full of dance. Here are the dance companies on board:
- Invertigo Dance Theatre celebrates the sunny weather that characterizes L.A.’s winter season with a new piece choreographed for the Holiday Celebration
- Los Angeles Ballet will perform “Waltz of the Flowers”
- Pacifico Dance Company will present folklorico dance from the region of La Costa Chica, an area of Mexico encompassing Oaxaca and Guerrero
- Shakti Dance Company will present a celebratory classical dance of southern India, featuring percussive foot rhythms and colorful traditional costume
- Shin Dance Company will perform an ethnic Korean drum dance that symbolizes the snowy mountains of Chang Bai, a region bordering China and North Korea
The L.A. County Holiday Celebration is a gift to the community from the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors. Hey!@ even the parking underneath the Music Center is free.
I like the unusual “human Christmas trees” of Invertigo Dance Theatre, photo above!
L.A. County Holiday Celebration | Los Angeles Music Center, Dorothy Chandler Pavilion | Monday Dec 24 3 – 6 pm