What I learned about reggae artist Bob Marley from “Marley,” an inspiring new documentary produced by his son:
- he was biracial (I did not know that)
- he was the soul of jamaica
- he was gorgeous and nicely built
- he was all music, from childhood
- he was all artist, beatific in the final years of his life
- he was a prolific composer and spurred the very development of reggae
- his good career decisions led to his international popularity
- his last full concert was at pittsburgh’s stanley theater
- he was 36 years old when he died.
I did not know that. And it’s very very sad.