The commission’s mission statement reads:
The Los Angeles County Arts Commission fosters excellence, diversity, vitality, understanding and accessibility of the arts in Los Angeles County.
Nothing represents that pledge better than the fun-and-free dance offerings at this year’s holiday celebration at the Music Center’s Dorothy Chandler Pavilion on December 24, hosted annually by the Arts Commission. The event is also broadcast live on KCET.
This year’s participants include:
- Ate9 dANCEcOMPANY, directed by former Batsheva dancer Danielle Agami, modern dance work
- Invertigo Dance Theatre “Mishpachah” to a vibrant score influenced by Eastern-European and Sephardic sounds.
- Grandeza Mexicana Folk Ballet “Quinto Sol,” inspired by the Aztec God and celebrating the Aztec roots of Mexican culture
- JazzAntiqua Music and Dance Ensemble, jazz dance inspired by a classic gospel hymn, “Blessed Quietness,” accompanied by jazz pianist Ark Sano.
- Jung Im Lee Korean Dance Academy, Korean drumming dance in traditional costume.
- Sarah Reich and Tap Music Project will tap to “Linus and Lucy,” accompanied by a live jazz trio.
54th annual L.A. County holiday celebration | Tuesday, Dec. 24, 2013, 3 – 6 pm
Like this? Read more: